ABOUT TROUT UNLIMITED
Trout Unlimited is a national organization with 300,000 members and supporters organized into over 400 chapters and councils nationwide. These dedicated grassroots volunteers are matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts, and scientists, who work out of more than 45 offices across the country. Our mission is to conserve, protect, and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watershed.
The Membership Services Coordinator (MSC) utilizes a strong combination of customer care expertise and project management skills to facilitate and direct inbound and outbound customer service communications, in alignment with TU’s overall customer care objectives. This includes providing support to TU member and prospective members as well as managing the processing of all direct mail and resulting fulfillment. This position is based in Arlington, VA with the possibility of remote work.
The MSC will report directly to the Membership Services Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responds to inquiries, researches, and resolves member issues and notifies members of resolution via email, phone, or letter as needed.
· Processes donations and memberships as well as daily caging processing exceptions.
· Create internal and external support materials for monthly renewal, quarterly acquisition, and at least 6 fundraising campaigns a year for staff and 3rd party vendors and training on these campaigns.
· Oversee daily operations of 3rd party call center and mail processing function, ensuring timely and accurate processing with a focus on member satisfaction.
· Supports Director of Membership Services with quality control of third-party vendors.
· Work in cooperation with customer service stakeholders, e.g. Marketing, Development, and Volunteer Operations teams, on an ongoing basis. Report campaign response, including member feedback and perceived effectiveness.
· Assist in orchestration of CRM database hygiene as well as tracking of database issues and needs for the Membership Services team.
· Order and manage inventoried supplies for acknowledgement fulfillment.
· Weekly review of all premium and acknowledgement fulfillment.
· Process TU’s workplace giving and CFC donations.
· Work closely with Membership Services Director to continually improve support donation/membership processes and identify system improvements
· This is a non-supervisory position.
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
· 3 years customer service and/or project management experience.
· Excellent communication skills via phone, email, and letters.
· Strong customer service orientation and a genuine appreciation for the contributions of members, donors, and volunteers.
· Excellent organization and time management skills as well as proven project management capabilities.
· Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities with flexibility and efficiency.
· Ability to work independently, with the capacity to manage complex issues and challenges.
· Ability to review, analyze and interpret reports.
· Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient understanding of Microsoft office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Customer database (netFORUM enterprise a plus).
· Self-motivated and highly energetic, with a personable and a friendly disposition.
· Fishing experience is not required, but a love for conservation and the outdoors is.