The Wooten Company’s Raleigh, NC office is seeking a Survey Technician who will work within the Geomatics Practice team. This position provides the opportunity to be an essential part of our Geomatics practice while also being an integral participant in the continued growth of our firm.
Who are you?
Love the great outdoors!? Like hiking!? Like cool technology!? Like traveling around to all kinds of places in NC!? Looking for an opportunity to work with GPS accurate to a few inches and work with robots!? Want to work with an organization with a family atmosphere that helps you learn an interesting professional service that is very much in demand!? Then you may be our next Survey Technician!
What will you be doing?
The Survey Technician will be responsible for utilizing multiple software platforms, providing accurate, complete and timely communication of information to and from internal firm staff. The Survey Technician will learn to understand and follow project workflows, completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule and produce efficient, thorough, detail-oriented, high quality work. We can even help you take work related technical courses towards a degree if you make the grade!
Who will you be working with?
The Survey Technician will be working mainly in the field on a variety of land surveying projects.
Where will you be working?
This position will be based in our Raleigh headquarters, located in the highly desirable Glenwood South district of downtown Raleigh, and working with colleagues on projects throughout the NC region.
- Use and maintain surveying instruments and equipment
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Communicate effectively
- Drive a company vehicle
- Utilize mobile computer systems and software applications
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Background Check Appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
- Familiar with technology and use of handheld computers
- Likes measuring the Earth
- Likes solving problems
- Must have a yearn to learn!
- Medical, dental, vision options to fit your needs - High Deductible Health Plan as low as $15 per paycheck, traditional PPO plans as low as $95 per paycheck, both with exceptional 80% coverage and great provider networks
- Prescription drug plans
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance - you're covered!
- Company paid short and long term disability - you’re covered!
- Paid Holidays to spend time celebrating
- Generous paid time off - 12 days available on date of hire!
- Up to 4% 401(k) company matching - Free $$ for your retirement!
PERKS & TOOLS TO SUCCEED
- Lunch and Learn Seminars
- Continuing Education / Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Registration and Organization Reimbursement Program
- Employee referral bonus program - know someone who’s a potential future Wootenite? Refer someone and if they’re hired, you get a bonus!
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) — Health Care and Dependent Care Accounts
- Supplemental life insurance options for you and your dependents at our low rates
- Summer Hours - flexible work schedules so you can enjoy the sunshine!
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - we share our profits and deposit the cash right into your 401(k) annually
- Profit-based Annual Bonus - another way we share our profits with the people who make our world go around
- Branded clothing reimbursement program - wear our cool SWAG at 50% cost
- Employee Appreciate Events - we love to gather (safely) together and hang out or have friendly competitions with prizes!
ABOUT THE WOOTEN COMPANY
We are a multi-disciplinary firm dedicated to providing engineering, geomatics, building systems and architectural services to municipalities, counties, water and sewer authorities, educational institutions, mission critical facilities, and private industry across the Carolinas.
We provide our clients with consulting for civil / environmental engineering, mechanical / electrical / plumbing engineering, architecture, and GIS / surveying services. These departments work together with our team of funding specialists to provide financing assistance for many local government projects, and we pride ourselves on having helped secure over $600 million in grants and loans for infrastructure improvements and community enhancements.
As communities across North and South Carolina face ever changing environmental and economic challenges, we remain dedicated to providing and improving the infrastructure necessary to remain one of the country's best places to live, work, and raise a family.
While in the office, this is a partially sedentary role and some job duties may require the ability to bend or stand, as necessary. This position requires some field work including exertion of a moderate amount of physical effort; requires sufficient hand/eye coordination and dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs or body to perform semiskilled repetitive movements such as drafting, data entry and/or use of other office equipment or supplies; must be able to perceive forms and colors; may require the ability to operate motor vehicles. Tasks require visual perception and discrimination as well as oral communications ability.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While in the field, staff may be exposed to adverse weather.
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
RECRUTING AGENCIES, PLEASE NOTE
The Wooten Company will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting / search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at The Wooten Company via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Wooten Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by The Wooten Company as a result of the referral or through other means.