PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago, Naperville and Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years.
We are searching for an organized, detail-oriented, & highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our CPA team in Sarasota, Florida.
Senior Accountant - Responsibilities:
· Preparation of individual, corporate and partnership income tax returns
· Preparation of nondisclosure financial statements
· Compile and review State Sales Tax reports and file returns
· Payroll processing and quarterly and annual payroll tax return preparation
· Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
· Handle month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities.
Senior Accountant - Benefits:
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
The ideal Senior Accountant will have:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting (Required)
· Experience: 5+ years
· Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
· Credentials/Certifications: QB Certification for desktop and online versions
· High degree of client service, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Moderate computer/software skills.
· Strong client service skills - ability to interact with clients through video and audio tools in a way that is professional, friendly and reassuring
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
· Critical thinking, problem solving, and determination
· Ability to demonstrate enthusiastic & cooperative partnership spirit.
· Strong personal identification with Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.