Over the past 30+ years, CRI has partnered with countless companies to create workplaces that become ecosystems for imagination, inspiration and ideas. In the landscape of ever-changing office design, we strive to create resilient workplaces that become launch pads for teams to feel excited, motivated and encouraged to do their best work. Our expertise is built upon a strong foundation of workplace strategy and furniture design, project management, and client advocacy. We are passionate about our values and strive to be an example of excellence in all that we do.
The Account Executive generates leads, qualifies potential customers and is responsible for selling furniture and dealer services. This position is responsible for sales volume, margin percent and new business objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Lead Generation and Sales:
- Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining client relationships.
- Prospecting for new business via all forms of networking and researching for leads.
- Participates in dealership lead generation programs, such as telemarketing, open houses, etc.
- Qualifies leads into potential customers and conducts thorough needs analysis for each client.
- Conducts persuasive presentations to customers on dealership’s products and services - in person as well as with written/graphic documentation and/or electronic means.
- Works closely with Designers, Estimators, and Project Managers to prepare budgets and detailed quotes for each client.
- Responsible for the closing of each sale by obtaining signed Formal Quotes, client purchase orders and deposits, as required.
- Complete all Herman Miller Dealer Excellence Sales Learning modules.
- Responsible for organizing the sale so that it can be efficiently managed and administered by the dealership and all necessary parties.
- Ultimately responsible for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders and performs a general overview before submitting to client.
- Stays involved throughout sales implementation so that both client and dealership are satisfied.
- Provides excellent continuing overall support to the client by ensuring that their needs are met with internal team support.
Contract Furniture Management:
- Maintain current knowledge of dealership’s product lines – product features, applications, technical capabilities, specifications, etc.
- Good understanding of contract furniture management at dealer level – account servicing, project management, order preparation, order management, factory interface, delivery & installation, etc.
- Function as customer advocate for internal order fulfillment performance and service products.
- Knowledge of office environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration, office productivity, etc.) and general business trends.
Goals and Performance:
- Meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales margin goals and new business objectives as set by the dealership.
- Provide timely reports on sales forecasts and new leads in Salesforce as required.
- Participate in special sales programs sponsored by the dealership or in conjunction with the dealership’s designated furniture manufacturers.
Experience & Credentials:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with a wide range of personalities both within and outside the company.
- Motivated self-starter that has the initiative to generate leads and close sales, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, deadline-intensive environment
- Must have access to reliable transportation.