Job Title: Event Supervisor
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
Customary Days: Sunday - Saturday
Customary Hours: Varies to include evenings and holidays, up to 40hrs in a work week.
Position Summary: Directs all Front of House (FOH) staff during catered events, with particular focus on timely and proper set-up of events according to floor plan and timeline.
- Discuss details with salesperson to ensure all specifics and special needs are covered prior to the event.
- Report to site and obtain event packet with job specifications.
- Check-in all FOH staff as they report to job site and assign them to team specific job duties.
- Continuously monitor all elements of event execution to ensure all service staff are upholding responsibilities and performing delegated tasks.
- Participates in hiring, performance reviews and corrective action as needed.
- Convey pertinent event details to all service staff by conducting a staff meeting including; menu items, proper flow of kitchen, and specific duties for service staff throughout the service period.
- Ensure all service personnel have a professional appearance (i.e. uniforms and grooming).
- Supervise the proper breakdown of the dining room. Ensure all equipment is utilized properly and stored appropriately.
- Monitor staffing budgets and makes use of staff accordingly. Ensure that all areas are cleaned properly and the rules of the venue are being followed. Supervisor must complete a walk-through with the venue representative upon departure.
- Attend job site visits for planning purposes as needed.
- Ensure that the liquor inventory form is filled out properly. Complete the event summary and any other relevant event paperwork and submit to the service department at the end of each shift.
- Attend Event Supervisor meetings and various training sessions as scheduled.
- Conduct training on site at Blue Plate as well as in the field.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in Front of House and Back of House job duties, preferred.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of service and fine dining.
- Familiar with the sequence of service and off-premise events.
- Guest service orientation.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Commitment to quality.
- Maintain and express a positive attitude while interacting with clients and fellow team members.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
- Regularly required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
- Noise level is low to moderate.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
Blue Plate Catering is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Blue Plate Catering without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.