At Devon Bank, we do not just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect, and service a priority.
We need your help in continuing this great culture we have at Devon Bank. In return you will have a rewarding career in Mortgage Loan Processing and Banking in general, with a competitive salary and benefits. This position is based out of our Chicago location in the West Rogers Park area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily oversight of mortgage processing operations, developing processing procedures, and the development of systems to expedite the delivery of mortgage loans from processing to underwriting.
• Manage the workload to meet or exceed established service levels.
• Coordinate activities of the department with the manager to include workflow monitoring, process improvement, training, reporting and special projects.
• Perform quality reviews of mortgage processor performance for existing and new staff.
• Prepare reports on weekly/monthly productivity and quality per loan.
• Instruct and train staff when the team needs additional training or when new team members are on-boarded.
• Investigate escalated transactions to a quick and compliant resolution.
• Provide consistent feedback to loan originators to ensure that proper processing and investor standards are maintained.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years of mortgage loan processing managerial experience
• 5+ years of mortgage loan processing experience
• Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Encompass experience is required
• Ability to organize, prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and handle detailed assignments
• Subject Matter Expert in FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA Guidelines, and practices
• Extensive knowledge of the full scope of industry compliance rules including but not limited to: ECOA, Fair Housing Act, HMDA, RESPA, HOEPA, TILA, QM, TRID
• Knowledge of faith-based home financing a plus
• Strong orientation toward service and quality
• High accountability with the ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)- 465-2500.