The SQL Database Administrator position is part of a development team and involves collaborating closely with ETL developers, product managers, client services, IT Operations, and QA analysts. In this role, you will leverage your passion for MSSQL Server technologies including support and implementing solutions to meet high visibility business demands.
- Work with Senior DBA to develop solutions that meet business goals.
- Ensure optimization of relational database queries and identify queries experiencing slowdowns for maximum efficiency.
- Interpret SQL explain plans .
- Review and interpret log files to diagnose and resolve system issues.
- Optimize SQL queries.
- Provide performance improvement solutions; socialize with development teams.
- Clearly communicate status of open issues to stakeholders.
- Assist with installation, configuration, upgrade of SQL Server.
- Maintain database maintenance plans for index rebuild/defragment and database statistics.
- Develop and maintain SQL standards.
- Maintain and administer database security access.
- Work closely with internal teams such as development, QA, IT and implementations and external clients on complex system changes.
- Collaborate with business partners to resolve any database policy compliance and vulnerability issues.
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database configuration changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
- Recent 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL design and development and some database administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 + preferred.
- Strong T-SQL experience required.
- Proficiency with SSMS and SSIS required.
- Proficiency with SSRS, a plus.
- Working knowledge of ETL processes with a broad range of transforming data from various sources.
- Working knowledge of performance-tuning, query optimization and security of the database.
- Windows Server OS experience including hardware and performance monitoring preferred.
- Understanding of virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V…) and how they affect SQL Server performance a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehouse/BI solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud based servers and infrastructure, a plus.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS), a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.