The Director of Financial Reporting is accountable for the financial analysis for the operations of the company, to include the production of financial analysis and reporting. Driving to be a valued business partner to the marketing and operations of the corporation as well as financial reporting for C-suite and Board of Directors. Focusing on areas of functional support, forecasting, budget performance and support of the financial reporting of the company.
- Staff, train, and manage the financial planning and analysis department to handle the ongoing analysis and business activity
- Establish metrics for performance accountability and regularly provide feedback to help team members achieve maximum productivity and accuracy.
- Oversee the analysis and planning activities of the business which supports the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for each business. Examples included, spending analysis, annual planning, sales projections/forecast, and performance to those reporting.
- Analyze financial transactions and provide updates and suggestions to the finance team.
- Lead the forecasting process by working with the sales, marketing, and operations leadership team to put together a clear financial planning model.
- Consolidate and manage the Financial model for all income statement, balance sheet and financial reporting via NetSuite trial balance inputs
- Coordinate the preparation of the semi-monthly Board of Directors meeting, monthly financial presentation/review and other ad-hoc processes.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Own and implement project for financial consolidation software for clear and concise financial reporting.
- Solid understanding of best practices in financial analysis, modeling and planning/projections
- Leadership skills with an emphasis on problem solving, motivation, communication, and planning
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated history of good work habits including attendance, quality, production, documentation, good judgment, and decision making
- Ability to embrace change and work as a change agent
- Broad experience with Microsoft Office systems (particularly Excel/Google Sheets) and accounting systems & bookkeeping systems
This position provides leadership to all direct and indirect personnel in their area of finance and accounting.
This position will require the employee to be very physically active and capable of working in most all functional areas of our operations to support day to day requirements. Frequent periods of sitting / standing throughout the day should be expected. At times, heavy lifting is also required: between 0-50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday serving as primary work week. As required to support the needs of the business; weekend work hours will additionally be required with the team.
Onsite at a base location with team members; Appleton, WI / Wrightstown, WI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 7-10 years of experience in Accounting and Finance experience
- Prior experience within the automotive industry / products a plus.
- 3-5 years in the automotive industry preferred
Certificates & Licenses
- CMA desirable, but not required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.