PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds, while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years.
Position Overview of International Services Consultant:
We are currently seeking full-time international services professionals to join our dynamic and growing consulting practice. Current open positions are available at the Supervisor, Manager and Director roles. Your responsibilities will focus on a broad range of consulting and advisory services relating to domestic and international business issues. Candidates with a well-rounded background dealing with U.S. domestic and international tax compliance planning and reporting is a plus. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of business issues as they relate to our fast-growing client base.
Responsibilities of International Services Consultant:
Successful candidates will have experience dealing with various consulting and advisory services revolving around U.S. domestic and international business issues in the following areas:
• Advisory and planning services to various legal forms including subsidiaries and branch operations of U.S. and foreign companies doing business in the U.S., and/or in other countries currently operating in international markets, or companies planning international expansion or investments – inbound and outbound.
• Awareness of foreign policies and political developments in the U.S. international markets affecting our client base.
• Able to identify and advise on tax issues regarding international, corporate, partnership, individual, and state and local business issues.
• U.S. tax treaties and other bilateral treaties with the U.S.
• Inbound and outbound structuring, domestic restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and due diligence.
• Knowledgeable and well-informed on implications of TCJA, GILTI, Subpart F, transfer pricing concepts
• FATCA, foreign withholding, earnings and profits, foreign tax credits/pools, international souring, among others
• Manage various responses to government correspondence, civil penalty assessments, streamlined procedures, and other available programs related to international reporting disclosures.
• Compliance may be necessary to provide support in the tax department related to the review of international forms and schedules (i.e.114, 1118, 1116, 8621, 5471, 5472, 8865, 8858, 8938, 3520, 3520-A, 1042, among others…), as well as return reviews to identify issues and opportunities.
Benefits of International Services Consultant:
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefit packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefit packages that include the following:
• Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
• Flexible work arrangements
• Various medical coverage plans to choose from PPO, HMO, HSA
• Dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Company-sponsored life insurance
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
• Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
•We are open to reviewing all levels of applicants but they must have international services experience as well as public accounting experience. Private industry experienced individuals may also apply if qualified.
•Background experience in domestic and international tax compliance and reporting is a strong plus.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, tax, or law. MST, LLM, or JD.
• Depending on the candidate, CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar may not be required, but strongly suggested or in pursuit of designation.
• Strong planning, analytical, research, writing and organization skills.
• Strong communication skills to effectively relate to people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong presentation, project management, and business development skills.
• Willing to train, motivate and develop staff. Has optimism in actions that inspire others in their professional and personal growth.
• Respect for people and opinions. Drive proactively cultivating relationships with clients, colleagues and other strategic relationships.
• Ability to recognize areas of opportunity through critical evaluation and identifying solutions.
• Demonstrates an understanding of increasingly complex concepts and effectively applies knowledge to client situations.
• Dedicated to continuous improvement and development of skillsets and talents.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment and prioritize work independently to reach goals and deadlines.
• Foreign language skills preferred but not required.
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
• Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.