We are seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to activate public spaces in partnership with communities across San Francisco. This role will support the work of the department in public space events services citywide, targeted community engagement, fieldwork, vendor management, and partnership development. This is an exciting opportunity to engage in civic entrepreneurship for both immediate and long-term impact on the City of San Francisco as we expand to serve even more parks and people. If you have an eye for detail and share an enthusiastic interest in helping shape the future of parks and public open spaces in San Francisco, then we want to hear from you.
About the Organization:
We. Love. Parks. At the SF Parks Alliance (SFPA), we work with more than 80 partner organizations, city agencies, and everyday people to ensure that our treasured city parks and open spaces thrive in communities throughout San Francisco. If you’re creative, forward-thinking, fun, enthusiastic, and interested in helping shape the future of public space in San Francisco, let’s talk.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the Parks & Place Senior Project Manager and overseeing volunteers and event vendors, this position provides close professional coordination with contracted vendor management and additional community consultants. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with local service providers, property managers, merchants, SFPA partners, and staff members.
- Provide overall site management and workflow oversight for each space.
- Create and manage an internal calendar of staffing and events.
- Coordinate with onsite staff regarding requests for event and equipment set-up to ensure regular programming and special events are well executed.
- Conduct surveys plus additional data collection as needed and timely completion of all related data entry.
- Ensure sites are clean and free of debris prior to scheduled event/activation and before departing the site.
- Track number of event attendees, on-site media, any sponsor, vendor, or public feedback. Document events and programming with reports and pictures.
- Coordinates activities and work order requests between onsite staff, neighbor/stakeholders, and SFPA or City Department as appropriate.
- Advise Project Managers of trends and activity at sites.
- Respond to community inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Deliver supplies from SFPA office to site.
- Assist with promotional implementation (poster distribution etc.) Citywide and locally.
- Take daily photos using a camera phone.
- Must have a driver's license
- Ability to climb a flight of stairs and lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Complete training for and have ability to drive company vehicle to events
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Google Suite (spreadsheets, etc.)
- Preference given for basic social media post creation skillset
- Preference given for basic map and print materials creation skillset using software such as Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint or Canva
- Passion for parks, playgrounds, and the natural world and for bringing park-related experiences to the public; high commitment to learning about San Francisco parks and open spaces.
- Able to think strategically, keeping the big picture and broad institutional objectives in mind, while also being detail and analysis-oriented
- Exemplify the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, discretion, excellence, and accountability; demonstrates emotional intelligence and self-awareness; inspires confidence and trust; welcomes feedback
- Able to work well under pressure and adapt easily to changing situations and priorities; exercises good judgment and stays focused on overarching goals
- Able to interact in an effective, tactful, and professional manner internally, externally, and with the public at large; responds graciously and promptly to the requests of others
- Dedicated and ambitious to achieve organizational success; willing to pitch in and go the extra mile when needed
- A strong manager able to nurture both camaraderie and accountability
- Ability to work and interact with the public and diverse audiences, as exemplified through customer service experience
- Ability to handle stressful situations, demonstrating diplomacy and tact under pressure
- Self-motivated, energetic learner and leader with a good sense of humor
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Multilingual abilities and personal working vehicle (mileage reimbursement offered) given higher prioritization
Job Location and Conditions:
- Duties will be carried out at various Citywide (every District) event sites and sometimes working from home or at the SFPA office following health department protocols.
- Full-time, exempt (ineligible for overtime)
- Must be available to work mornings, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed upon programming requirements. Set hours are flexible contingent upon mutual agreement.
- Willing to assist with manual labor for set-up and takedown (sweeping/cleaning up, taking garbage to the dumpster, etc.)
- Willing to work outside year-round in all-weather conditions.
What You'll Receive
SF Parks Alliance offers competitive market-based salaries which are commensurate with experience, skills, industry and organizational budget as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, vision, chiropractic/acupuncture, commuter benefits, a flexible spending account, Basic Life/AD&D insurance, and 401(k) employer contributions. This position is benchmarked at an annual equivalent salary of $58,240.
SFPA encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and life experiences to apply.
Only candidates submitting a cover letter and resume using required field forms will be accepted.