PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park and Chicago. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years.
The Client Advisory Services Department is looking to add a Sage Intacct superuser to their team. This person is responsible for processing assigned client engagements within the department in a cost-effective and professional manner including, but not limited to, computer-compiled financial statements, payroll tax/sales tax reporting issues and business/individual tax returns. They will also train coworkers and implement Sage Intacct software throughout the firm. This position requires extensive one-on-one communication with clients.
This is a supervisor or manager level role so will also be responsible for training and supervising staff to serve our clients efficiently and effectively. Accountable for quality control review of computer-compilation engagements and scheduling, time budgets, meetings, interviews, and various departmental administration.
Sage Intacct Accountant Benefits:
We recognize that talented professionals are attracted to companies that provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. We offer attractive comprehensive benefits packages that include the following:
• Generous paid vacation and sick pay policies, and 9 days paid holidays
• Flexible work arrangements
• Various medical coverage plans to choose from: PPO, HMO, HSA
• Dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Company-sponsored life insurance
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Voluntary accident, critical illness, life and AD&D
• Tuition and training reimbursement plans for professional development
Sage Intacct Accountant Opportunities for Advancement:
Given our unique focus on business strategies, nurtured relationships and cultivated firm culture, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm including the potential to become a partner.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Essential Job Functions of Sage Intacct Accountant:
• Acts as a Sage Intacct power-user for the firm. Prefer someone who has led an implementation before.
• Process financial statements and all related payroll, sales, or business and individual tax returns personally assigned within the Client Advisory Services Department
• Perform quality control review of work papers and computer-generated compilations processed within the department
• Assist in the review of all payroll and sales tax reports, including annual W-2’s and 1099’s
• Perform research on technical matters as directed by partners
• Assist partners with tax planning or special client projects
• Efficiently maintain daily record of time spent on engagements
• Schedule and monitor assignments within the department to assure timely turnaround, balanced staffing workloads and tax compliance
• Assist team members in establishing required scheduling priorities
• Monitor processing budgets versus actual time for problem areas
• Supervise and train department personnel in special accounting or tax assignments
• Review department staff weekly timesheets for accurate client/work codes
• Assist on annual performance appraisals for staff members
• Initiate procedural or informational communication within the department
• Assist in first-day orientation for new staff members
• Monitor reference materials available to the department and update as needed
• Initiate annual order for required W-2 and 1099 forms processing
Education and Experience of Sage Intacct Accountant:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
• 5-7+ years public accounting experience with solid experience in engagement review, staff training, supervision and scheduling
• Not-for-profit experience preferred
Skills of Sage Intacct Accountant:
•Sage Intacct Certified
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel and Word
• Ability to supervise in a team environment
• Efficient knowledge of QuickBooks and Creative Solutions Accounting software
• Ability to interface with a variety of management levels