United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) manages the office facilities and executes human resource support activities under the direction of the Human Resources Manager (HRM). The HRC will manage recruitment efforts, administers employee health plans and acts as liaison between team members and insurance providers. The HRC resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and data entry.
- Manage recruitment effort for all full- and part-time positions.
- Work with hiring managers to develop job descriptions, work plans, and interview materials
- Screen candidates, participate in interviews
- Assist in targeted outreach, communicate with rejected candidates
- Completes E-Verify process for new hires.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with background checks.
- Support team member onboarding and offboarding.
- Organize and prepare materials for new hires.
- Assist with processing termination process.
- Payroll administration and support.
- Manage timekeeping system; calculate hours, overtime, paid time-off
- Manage employee benefit package, support team members and manage vendor relationships.
- Ensure timely team member enrollment and termination, including proper documentation.
- Review and reconcile benefit invoices for payment; ensure accurate deductions
- Support claims resolution and communicating information
- Lead internal events committee and support team member engagement and recognition activities.
- Assist in preparation of all staff meetings
- Support the development and execution of quarterly all-staff engagement activities
- Ensure proper recognition of employment anniversaries, life events and other activities
- Propose, maintain, distribute, and enforce organizational policies and procedures. Assist in implementation of personnel policies and procedures; propose, maintain, distribute, communicate, and enforce changes to team member handbook, UWSL policies and procedures
- Proactive and comfortable in data tracking, documentation, and updates. Understands concepts of data processes and measurements. Willingness to learn and use new data systems and processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION AND LEADERSHIP
- Act as principal point of contact for guests and outside stakeholders.
- Manage office facilities to ensure that the office is maintained in a proper manner.
- Manage company vehicle and office equipment.
- Coordinate requests of building management, parking management, maintenance staff, other vendors. Distribute facility-related information to employees
- Order and maintain office supplies for all departments and office.
- Manage emergency preparedness updates and enforcement.
- Manage facility use and updates. Process mail, deposit checks and prepare accounts receivable report daily for the Finance Team
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. $40,000-50,000. Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different situations and dynamics effectively. Applies personal and professional experience, abilities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments. Keeps information organized and accessible, manages time well.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of UWSL resources and funds.
- Works to resolve conflicts and differences through dialogue and open communication - rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Associates degree or 3 years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel (HR) administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, CRM, payroll, and project management software.
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. There are no special physical demands of the position.