PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, and Chicago as well as Sarasota, Florida. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
We are unique and recognize the high importance of international business growth in today’s business environment. We partner with our affiliated firm members of PKF International to provide services and global-based solutions to multi-national companies or independent business owners who want to expand their business globally through PKF Mueller. We collaborate closely with banking and investment institutions, attorneys with international experience, site selection professionals, and municipal and state development agencies to facilitate international business development.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and culturally believe in valuing individual responsibility and initiatives of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds while keeping two-way communications open and remaining open-minded to new ideas.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 11 years.
We are searching for an organized, detail-oriented, & highly motivated Tax Associate to join our CPA team in downtown Chicago, Orland Park, or Elgin IL (HQ).
The Tax Associate provides tax services to PKFMueller clients by preparing tax returns, related schedules and related reports for local,
state, and federal government returns.
· Provides detailed federal and state income tax support
· Schedules and prepares tax returns including multi-state
· Maintains tax files, and tax document retention
· Provides assistance to Tax Managers with tax planning and research
· Communicates with other tax professionals and clients effectively
· Ability to retain a detailed knowledge regarding preparation and review of complicated tax provisions
· Fulfills continuing education requirements to maintain licensure
· Ability to receive and accomplish other responsibilities, as assigned
· Ability to demonstrate enthusiastic & cooperative partnership spirit
· Strong personal identification with PKF Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – the Heart of Our Culture. Trust, Integrity among others.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including a generous 401(k) match, 5 healthcare plans to choose from, dental, vision, commuter benefits, generous vacation, and much more. Salary based on experience. EOE.