Catania Oils is a family owned and operated business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic, and environmentally responsible manner. We are looking for passionate individuals who continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration, and teamwork.
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources, individual will manage the temporary labor force and assists with sourcing, hiring and onboarding of staff. Administers a variety human resources policy and procedures. Assists with employee relations and various other human resource activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages temporary labor force by assisting with temporary staffing needs. Processes invoices and verifies correct billing rates.
2. Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
3. Conducts recruitment actives in collaboration with the VP of Human Resources and attends a variety of job fairs and college career fairs sourcing candidates.
4. Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
5. Complies timecards and maintains HRIS system by entering applicants and data associated with employees.
6. Participates in open enrollment of insurance plans. Enrolls and terminates employee plans.
7. Champions Catania Oils core values.
8 Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
9. Complies monthly tracking reports.
10. Regularly attends safety committee meetings and takes notes
11.Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
12. Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
13. Participates in community service events and is an active member of the social committee.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business with concentration in Human Resources, financial or organizational development.
3-5 years of human resource experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Ability to handle and maintain confidential data.
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus