Are you a self-starter, with a passion for success, great people skills? Come join a proven sales leader!
Peerless Chain Company is searching an experienced Sales Manager to develop, train, motivate and direct national sales force consisting of direct sales personnel and manufacturers’ representatives. Increase company's sales and profits consistent with annual business plan and within budget established. Keep management informed of significant marketplace developments important to the well-being of the company. Supervises rep organizations and District Sales Managers, if any are added.
What you will be doing:
- Increase market share in division consistent with mutually agreed to quota objectives and Business Plan. Any loss in existing business must be replaced with new business to insure Business Plan objectives are achieved.
- Monitor day-to-day activities in the division. Insure that evaluation and response to monthly sales and GPM data is completed and submitted to Winona.
- Maintain a positive corporate attitude in dealing with reps, customers and prospects.
- Maintain a consistent work ethic and commitment in the development and follow-up of the division action plan. Insure that agreed to prospective accounts are systematically contacted with adequate frequency to insure they become customers. Questmark prospect system must be updated monthly by region personnel.
- Keep informed of competition and competitive changes in the region.
- Analyze declining accounts in region and take necessary action.
- Set exemplary example of personal and professional decorum.
- Generate and submit necessary reports in a professional and timely manner. Market Area Plan (MAP) must be developed, maintained and adjusted accordingly as a means of assessing future business growth. Assist in developing annual forecasts with monthly updates.
- Maintain overall regional expenses at or below budgeted levels. Budgeted levels must be kept in line with sales quotas.
- Develop and adhere to a well-organized and cost effective travel plan.
- Monitor the development and updating of all territory materials, files and records.
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Sales regarding personal or professional situations deemed important.
- Regular attendance, communication and meeting committed deadlines are all essential elements of the job. These requirements are key to the operation and effectiveness of this position and if not in place have the potential to impair and diminish expected results.
Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration or related field and/or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. In-depth knowledge of selling techniques and best practices. Capacity to manage various projects and work on tight deadlines. Excellent negotiation and leadership skills. Outstanding written and verbal communication. Demonstrate knowledge in Microsoft Office software, video-conferencing. Ability to effectively utilize technology and devices to communicate and document. Must be able to communicate professionally with the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Peerless is the largest manufacturer of chain in North America. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with a company match, as well as many other benefits.
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, apply!!
YOUR LINK TO QUALITY, STRENGTH AND SERVICE SINCE 1917
Equal Opportunity Employer