This role’s purpose is to maintain friendly and effective communications with customers while constantly managing customer orders and providing status of existing orders. Additionally, this role is responsible for various administrative tasks to support Human Resources and general Air Comm business needs.
Answer and Route Customer, Vendor, or Other Calls
1. Manage all customer, vendor, or other communications as primary phone attendant.
2. Promptly answer 90% of calls, obtain caller’s need, and route/screen as appropriate.
3. Set-up, record, and maintain auto-attendant greetings and other out of office/holiday recordings.
4. Responsible daily for checking general mailbox messages and returning calls or routing messages as appropriate.
5. Run semi-monthly outgoing call report and submit to Customer Service Management.
Customer Service Support
1. Manages all customer communication and ensures escalation of critical issues.
2. Prepare customer quotes, process orders, track orders to internal on-time delivery, and communicate order status to customer when necessary.
3. Respond to all customer requests within 24-hour timeframe. Provide timely customer order updates. Communicate quality issues to the customer and status throughout the build process.
4. Receive requests for quotes, purchase orders, shipping information, regulation information, invoicing, etc via phone, and email.
5. Champion customer needs and assure customer expectations are met.
6. Monitor ACC Service account for customer requests and documentation/technical support.
7. Research and navigate drawings to determine part numbers for replacement spares.
8. Accurately process customer orders through ERP system.
9. Collaborate with Accounting on delinquent customer accounts to ensure payment requirements are communicated to the customer.
10. Monitor ACC website to ensure current service documentation is uploaded for customer viewing.
Support HR Functions / Company Events
1. Manage time consuming, repetitive, and/or menial tasks of the HR Department (such as preparing new hire and benefits packets).
2. Assist employees with general issues that do not require management input or time.
3. Maintain ACC apparel inventory, distribute to employees, and order apparel as approved.
4. Assist with planning and execution of company events and employee activities, within budget.
5. Event management to include set-up, breakdown, and cleanup of on-site events.
Building Support and ACC Service Vendor Management
1. Professionally greet and represent ACC for all guests, notify appropriate ACC employee of guest arrival, and conduct screening to determine proper building access.
2. Maintain FAA mandated visitor log following record retention guidelines and issue visitor badges to guests.
3. Responsible daily to sort all incoming mail, open any mail without specific addressee to determine proper distribution, open all Accounting mail and stamp “Received date” on invoices, statements, or general notices, and deliver to recipient within 12 hours.
4. As needed, apply correct postage for outgoing ACC mail.
5. Manage and support various ACC service vendors and coordinate visits as needed (Coffee service, shredding service, pest control, janitorial service, etc.)
6. Maintain appropriate quantities of office and kitchen supplies. Count/verify inventory levels twice weekly, receive special order requests, place orders as needed and ensure we do not incur shipping fees. Distribute/put away office supplies within 24 hours of arrival.
1. Work with manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to grow skills and abilities,
2. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency and elevate to HR Manager.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.