U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
- Support concurrent Sport Development technologies and projects with partners, vendors, and end-users.
- Support the capturing of business requirements and document workflows to ensure sustained and ever-improving operations.
- Document, track and report technology providers' status, resources and progress according to outlined needs and/or contractual obligations.
- Document system developments, report on critical project achievements and serve as first line of support for unforeseen issues.
- Support and enhance functional approach to user support, onboarding and annual training.
- Help manage data quality efforts to support data visualization (tableau) and ad hoc reporting.
- Any other technology needs as identified by the Director of Sport Development Technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Data Science
- Knowledge of Technology and Software used in sport
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrated success communicating across different levels of an organization
- High degree of integrity, discretion, professionalism, and accountability to achieve quality results
- Good teammate with a customer-first focus and can-do mentality
- Ability to gather information from different stakeholders to create and follow an efficient process
- Ability to prioritize and manage several different projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the year
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Experience working with collaborative project management tools, such as, but not limited to, Asana
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, and PowerBI
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services environments a plus
- Strong empathy and commitment to deliver for stakeholder needs
- A quick learner with ability to synthesize project details from organizational goals
- Experience or willingness to learn specific sport technologies
- Soccer Coaching and/or playing experience preferred
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company-centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.