The Social Media Manager (SMM) is responsible for overseeing and administering the UWSL, 5B45, and 211 social media accounts. The SMM will be responsible for creating original text, images, and video content, scheduling posts, responding to followers, and engaging with our partners’ posts. The SMM will manage UWSL’s brand and social media content, strategize on campaigns, optimize outreach, and utilize social media marketing tools for monitoring and reporting purposes. In addition, the SMM assists the marketing team in developing engaging digital content for regular email campaigns, ad campaigns, and the blog. This position calls for a combination of creativity and technical insight to develop strong user experiences and track analytics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content on a regular basis (persuasive and compelling copy that is brand consistent and drives user action.)
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences. Have keen insight into target audiences and be relied upon to support and help implement marketing initiatives.
- Set specific objectives and report on return on investment.
- Develop strategies to engage with partners and community stakeholders on their social media pages.
- Collaborate with departments to ensure brand consistency.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor public reviews.
- Collaborate with our design team to develop the look and feel of our social media accounts
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications. Edit copy for a wide range of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and digital ads.
- Utilize Salesforce digital platform, Social Studio, to manage and engage with UWSL social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Research and keep up to date on new technology platforms that can assist in reporting and scheduling, as well as learn about new social media platforms our brands can be a part of.
- Maintain relationships with key team members and technical support teams.
- Cross-train on email marketing tools and web edits.