CAD Designer - Telecommunications
Fully Remote • Anywhere in the US, preferably in the Southeast
- Create design drawings and splice schematics in AutoCAD for aerial and underground fiber optic projects on deadline and at a high level of quality.
- Perform quality assurance on drawing packages created by other CAD designers.
- Revise drawings per redlines.
- Learn and apply standards of drafting and engineering practices.
- Develop templates used to create drawing packages.
- Provide technical support to design engineers and construction management.
- Assist supervisor with various administrative duties, such as engineering records, permitting, or obtaining existing utility or right of way records.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per company policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems whenever needed to move projects forward.
- At least 2 years AutoCAD experience in the telecommunications, including aerial and underground fiber optic networks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), and Google Earth as well as editing in ArcGIS tools.
- Able to perform work and duties independently as well as in a team environment.
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and customer service skills
- Detail orientation and organization skills.
- Basic mathematical skills, e.g. averages, percentages.
- Must be able to sit long periods of time behind computer.
Competitive Total Compensation Package: Base Salary, Bonus and Benefits