The Director, Business Intelligence will establish the strategic vision for the Portfolio Management team; coordinate the planning and initiation of projects at various levels of completion; monitor the progress, budgets, and schedules; and communicate with stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties. The Director, Business Intelligence will lead a team of analysts, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. They will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. They will use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
- Build strong working relationships with clients, stakeholders, vendors and team members through effective communication throughout the project development and execution phases.
- Mentors and trains team to ensure optimal team dynamics and individual career growth.
- Develops detailed project plans, communicate plans to clients, internal teams, and vendors, track progress against project plans, identify opportunities for efficiencies and anticipate delays or issues before they impact cost or deliverables.
- Coordinates and communicates with the clients on approvals, requests for information, and contract administration.
- Develops and implements management controls and oversight procedures.
- Incorporate industry best practices, conduct internal and external benchmarking, and establish standards, key measures, and metrics.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Computer Science, or related field.
- 10 years’ experience in analytics.
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including clients, team members, and vendors, through written and verbal means.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to lead teams of various sizes, ability to focus on broader goals and project details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel, Power BI or equivalent.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.