The Sourcing Engineer main responsibility will be to lead efforts in exploring, initiating, developing, and validating opportunities in quality improvements and cost savings and other sourcing related opportunities. The individual in this role will act as the technical interface between suppliers and manufacturing engineers to determine new and alternate sources developing and implementing commodity/supply chain responsibilities that significantly contributes to year over year sales growth and operational improvement through best value sourcing. Support the development of commodity strategies, commodity/industry expertise, lead supplier negotiations/management and productivity improvement.
- Partner management – engage with sourcing commodity managers to identify sourcing opportunities, develop and execute negotiations.
- Use project management skills and tools to investigate alternate component technologies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implement changes.
- With particular focus on Raw Material categories including castings, forging, plastics, machining review supplier’s processes and identify improvement opportunities in processes and systems at supplier locations to improve quality, cost and flow of supplied materials throughout the entire supply chain.
- Maintain project monitors and timelines as required for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with Category Management to align with key initiatives and strategies globally.
- Source products and services, assist supplier audits, negotiate tooling and pricing, write contracts, perform value analysis to ensure supplier contract and timeline compliance.
- Designing risk mitigation plan
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Create synergies between Quality, Engineering, Operations and suppliers to assess and ensure supplier capability to meet established performance objectives including Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Performs other duties as assigned.