The VP, Credit Analyst is responsible for evaluating credit by underwriting, structuring, documenting, and monitoring the most complex existing and prospective client relationships, consistent with our Client Service Standards, and with minimal supervision or oversight.
- Analysis & Underwriting: Prepare credit presentations that sufficiently and appropriately summarize the analysis of the sources of repayment using a risk-based approach. Demonstrates expertise and experience in analyzing and underwriting complex credits. Work product would include historical and projected business and personal cash flow, global cash flow, collateral analysis of real and personal property, understanding / analysis of economic and competitive environment of the borrower and/or industry, recommending appropriate covenants, monitoring and other structural and risk mitigating components of the credit accommodation.
- Documentation: Demonstrated expertise and experience to coordinate accurate documentation of all components of the approved credit accommodation, including perfection of collateral. Together with the lenders, collaborate with bank counsel on complex credits and structures.
- Credit Administration: Assist lenders with on-going credit administration and portfolio management including the periodic review of borrower reporting, updating ticklers, and ongoing account monitoring for compliance with reporting requirements and covenants. May review and approve loans per loan policy. Set up and maintain electronic credit files.
- Collaboration: Partners with lenders on calls and in closing to ensure client experience aligns with our Client Service Standards. Serves as an expert resource for other analysts and provides backup to fellow analysts. Coordinates document preparation with attorney or loan administrator. Works collaboratively across credit, risk, and lending teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service. Contributes to the development and delivery of credit training activities. May supervise the work of other analysts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
· A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Generously
· Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely, and caring client service
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Expertise in quantitative analysis
- Strong knowledge of financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- An independent, quick learner
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrate self-motivation and present a resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
- Keep well informed as to market conditions as it relates to assessing risk in credit transactions.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with emphasis on business, finance, accounting, or statistics; a minimum of 7 years of experience in banking in a similar role (e.g. commercial and consumer lending/credit analysis); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel is expected for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.