The IT Support Specialist is responsible for assisting employees/clients with all IT technical issues, implementing informed and timely solutions. This position will solve application, hardware and process problems submitted through a helpdesk ticketing system and by phone. An ideal candidate understands the importance of meeting and exceeding the employee/client's expectations while being an expert on the technologies and applications involved. This position will report directly to the IT Director and Managing Principals.
• Manage all helpdesk inquiries through the corporate helpdesk ticketing system and by phone.
• Troubleshoot & resolve end-user software, hardware & VOIP problems
• Maintain and upgrade employee computers and software on a specified schedule
• Follow up with employees/clients to ensure overall customer satisfaction is met
• Help to build, maintain, and improve existing technical support tools and procedures
• Basic software / telephone training to new hires
• Provide other IT support as necessary and when requested. Available for rapid response to unforeseen IT needs, including after-hours and/or weekend support as determined by the needs of the company.
• Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting (Windows 7,8,10)
• Microsoft Windows Servers Environments (Server 2008/2012/2016)
• Active Directory User Management
• Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
• MS Office Suite proficiency
• VoIP Phone Systems (Shoretel/Mitel)
• iOS and Android mobile devices
• Experience with Helpdesk ticketing Systems
• Remote desktop support
• Symantec Endpoint Protection & other malware detection software
• VPN setup, configuration & troubleshooting
• FTP file sharing /other various file sharing systems
Education & Experience
• Degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, , Information Technology) or equivalent professional experience
• 4+ years of work experience in a corporate IT environment, supporting multiple locations and remote employees
• Knowledge of and experience with common network / IT concepts
• Professional certifications are a plus, but not required
• Experience in an Architectural/Engineering/Construction firm a plus
• Successful candidates will be: innovative, active learners, have a genuine want for continuous improvement, and embody the company’s core values.
• Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution.
• Possess a high degree of self-management, personal accountability, and strong communication.
• Ability to strive in an event-driven, fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to move, carry and manipulate equipment up to 50 pounds
**This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Saiful Bouquet is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package. All candidates must be eligible to work/located in the US.
Please, no phone calls, emails or walk-ins.