Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, the marketing internship provides a strong knowledge base in the utilization of digital platforms, ticket sales, data analytics, and audience engagement. This is an ideal experience for someone pursuing a career in arts and entertainment marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work across the Marketing Team to execute marketing plans
- Assist with virtual and in-person community events
- Tabulate audience surveys and write summaries
- Support digital/social media/mobile initiatives
- Help advance the work laid out in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan
- Support the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts of the CSO’s strategic plan
- Other related duties required as part of a team environment.
Professional Development: The internship will include required professional development/mentoring with a senior member of our organization, resume review, and career coaching.
- College Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student with an expressed interest in arts marketing
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Enjoys working with and assisting the public
- Knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus
- Experience with video and photo editing a plus
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- Knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus.
The CSO encourages underrepresented minorities and first generation students to apply.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 8 to 20 hours per week – Intern must be available some nights and weekends.
Duration of Internship: Fall 2021 – June 2022