Reporting directly to the Director of Community Engagement and Diversity, the community engagement internship provides a strong knowledge base in event planning and execution, community engagement, volunteer management, cross departmental engagement and coordination, and diversity equity and inclusion. This is an ideal experience for someone pursuing a career in community engagement, volunteer management and special event production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with event planning and logistics for community engagement activities
- Acting as a representative of the orchestra at concerts and special events in the community
- Completing small research projects on topics around community engagement and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Assisting in administrative tasks such as drafting emails and invitations, creating flyers and other collateral
- Supporting collaborative projects with other CSO departments such as Marketing/Sales, Learning, Communications, and Production
- Attending internal and external meetings related to community engagement
- Help support volunteer activities sponsored by the Multicultural Awareness Council
- Support the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts of the CSO’s strategic plan
- Other related duties required as part of a team environment.
Professional Development: The internship will include required professional development/mentoring with a senior member of our organization, resume review, and career coaching.
- College Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student with an expressed interest in community engagement, volunteer management and/or special event production
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Candidate should enjoy working with people and demonstrate a passion for working with diverse communities
The CSO encourages underrepresented minorities and first generation students to apply.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 8 to 20 hours per week – Intern must be available some nights and weekends.
Duration of Internship: Fall 2021 – June 2022