Ambassador of the Local Market Needs for the PM Organization
• Collect input and receive direction provided by the Canadian and US sales management team to ensure that the local sales & market needs are met.
• Responsible for collecting information from the sales management team about what products and applications are needed in the different markets across the United States and Canada.
• Champion for local applications with an understanding of the global view.
• Prepare Product Proposal documents to consolidate market needs and communicate the product vision to the project team.
Project Based Work (Product Engineering Process and Product Portfolio Management)
• Collect & consolidate the local sales forecast
• Review sales patterns of current product offering to determine product trends
• Responsible for proposal of products to be phased out from Schluter’s product portfolio.
• Responsible for the quality of the input provided to the global organization (Product Engineering Process database and Product Idea Database).
Validate and Communicate Product Information
• Communicate the understanding of global applications and benefits as well as transferring them to the local organization.
• Accountable for local US and Canadian Product Management topics, transcription, adaptation and communication of product information including technical content, messages to customers, with language translation as needed. Collaborate with a host of Schluter departments (technical, legal, marketing, customer service, customer relations, and sales) to develop necessary documents and literature regarding new products.
• Key stakeholder in Product Information Management process
• Review and provide feedback for all product marketing materials (literature, samples, videos, website, etc.)
Monitor and Analyze Industry Status
• Perform competitive bench marking
• Continuous review of industry innovations and new practices
• Recommend product ideas based on industry problems, competitor advantages and product line gaps
• Monitor industry codes and standards for changes that impact Schluter System products
• Analyze impacts and inform Product Management through detailed reports
• Positive and personable attitude with a desire to learn
•Self-starter with a visionary and entrepreneurial spirit
•Regulatroy compliance experience - abilitiy to work closely with development teams during all stages of product development cycle ensuring all products are safe, legal, and fully compliant with all NA regulations and codes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3 years product management experience
• 3 years experience in light design and market trends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in person and remote
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams and all levels of management
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally
• Willing to relocate to requested region