EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYOUTPATIENT THERAPIST, LCSW
Fiscal Year 2019
Outpatient therapists at FSA not only provide individual and family therapy to the persons they serve, but also complete mental health assessments, treatment plans, coordinate care, advocate, provide case management, and help translate skills learned in the therapeutic environment into their natural environment. Most of the hours for this position take place in the evening and weekends. Must also have some daytime availability for occasional meetings and supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Provide individual, group and family counseling to clients and their families
- Respond to emergency/crisis/regular calls from clients
- Provide case management and care coordination on behalf of clients and their families
- Develop and conduct groups in line with the agency clients’ needs
- Attend individual/group clinical supervision prepared to discuss cases
- Report to supervisor on an on-going basis regarding problem cases, need for special services, agency coordination, and resource information
- Complete and meet deadlines for all clinical and administrative paperwork including on CIS
- Attend staff/program meetings, including Utilization Review
- Maintain clinical charts in compliance with Medicaid Rule 132
- Develop and present trainings to staff and/or community groups as assigned by supervisor
- Facilitate positive relationships with community service providers and/or networks
- Attend and participate in community meetings as assigned by supervisor and attend all clinical agency in-service trainings
- Meet agency/licensure training requirements and complete any related documentation.
- Provide training, support and/or supervision to new hires/interns as needed
- Participate in projects and/or other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Pursue and maintain licensure and/or certification that is available and appropriate to educational/professional background
- Perform incidental business related travel as needed
- Participate in agency Risk Management and Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Perform job responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Promote collegiality at the workplace by working collaboratively with others.
Eligible for flexible spending plan, Simple IRA where agency matches up to 3% of annual salary and access to an annual training budget of $125. Eligible for pro-rated flexible holiday depending on average hours worked in a week
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have Master’s degree in Social Work and be licensed in Illinois, LCSW required. Must have experience working with adults. Experience working with Medicare is preferred. Must be able to travel between sites (Elgin and Streamwood); but will primarily work out of the Streamwood office. Some services may also include home sessions. Evening and/or weekend availability required. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.