Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense seeks a highly collaborative UX designer to join its Interactive team. We are open to both remote and onsite candidates for this creative and collaborative role!
A successful candidate should be creatively driven, have an incredible attention to detail, and be able to turn business objectives into a highly functional user experience. We are looking for individuals who are team-focused and are able to deliver high-quality creative work in a fast-paced environment. This role is part of an integrated team of graphic designers, social media marketers, copywriters, and interactive specialists. Streetsense clients range from local entrepreneurs and restaurateurs to global hoteliers, real estate developers, travel/tourism destinations, and consumer packaged goods.
To be considered, candidates must submit a portfolio of relevant work along with a resume.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of copywriters, UI designers, developers, product owners, and marketing professionals to translate business requirements and user needs into meaningful interactive experiences. You should thrive on feedback, critique, and iteration.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and responsive, mobile-first prototypes that effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Identify and solve common design problems with minimal guidance.
- Communicate design decisions to several functions of the business with detailed mockups and prototypes.
- Expertly present recommendations – to team members and clients, alike – on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of project scope and timeline.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in design (e.g., interactive, user experience design), or equivalent professional experience which can be demonstrated via a portfolio showing excellent design work.
- Experience in an agency setting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, or similar role working with real time web and/or mobile applications.
- Fluency in best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design.
- Fluency in user-centered design principles along with an incredibly high attention to detail.
- Masterful knowledge of several design and prototyping software/tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Invision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects without missing deadlines or details.
BONUS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You communicate extremely well in person, but also through tools such as Basecamp and Slack.
- Experience designing with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility in mind.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience with Accessibility WCAG 2.0.