I. Position Summary
Under the direction of the Director is responsible for the overall management of the Family Services and Special Needs Components, including recruitment and enrollment procedures, protocol for referring families for needed Social Services, involvement of parents in the Social Service Plan design and revision, training staff and parents in the Social Service Component, reporting procedures, and program evaluation.
II. Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a recruitment and enrollment plan with the assistance of the School District’s Family Services Advisory Committee; Philadelphia Parent Child Center and APM Child Care.
- Develop and implement a Social Services training component for staff and parents.
- Develop Social Service policies, procedures and protocols as needed to carry out program performance standards.
- Provide training materials and social service plan guidelines to ensure that Head Start staff has adequate information to refer children and families for services.
- Contribute to maintenance of a work environment and policies that provides maximum health and safety, including during home visitation case management.
- Conduct monthly record reviews of Family Partnerships to assist families in improving conditions and quality of life. Maintain required data collection systems for the program, including evaluative data.
- Responsible for all program summary reports and ongoing adherence to program plan guidelines and goals. Provide weekly reports to Director including relevant statistical and case management data.
- Coordinate closely with APM Social Service delivery personnel and community resources to facilitate program awareness, coordination of services, and networking within the community.
- Assure that all program performance standards are met, including defined service activities, target group numbers, and documentation of objectives met and problem areas.
- Coordinate transition activities for children going to kindergarten between feeder schools and our center.
- Establish procedures to make referrals for assessment of children.
- Orienting and coordinating with families of County Assistance Offices and Child Subsidies’ offices.
- Other duties as needed to fulfill project requirements and objectives.
- Responsible for keeping records on Children Health Assessment files and update on a monthly basis.
- Secures confidential environment for the files of the children and families.
- Meet regularly formally and informally with parent to provide guidance.
- When necessary make home visits along with Head Teacher or related staff.
- Other duties assigned as needed to fulfill program requirements and objectives.