The bilingual accounting analyst works predominately with the Mexico subsidiary. The role is responsible for all aspects of the accounting process and Mexico Tax Compliance. This role is unique in that this role allows an individual to be part of the entire business process from recording all daily transactions, completing month end process, and reconciling all balance sheet and operational accounts to complete all Mexico tax and payroll compliance filings.
- Works closely with our affiliate employees in Mexico and our accounting service providers in Mexico to ensure timely and accurate completion of all Yamato Scale de Mexico financial and tax reporting with complete transparency to Yamato Corporation using the ERP system.
- Assists in preparing monthly financial statements and all supporting schedules for Yamato Scale de Mexico S de RL de CV. Provides financial statements to Yamato Scale Company Ltd. (Japan) in a timely manner.
- Performs bank transfers between the USD and MXN BANCOMER accounts. Acts as secondary approver for bank payments initiated by YMX personnel.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations for Yamato Scale de Mexico.
- Review semi-monthly payroll files prepared by external accounting firm for accuracy and record necessary payroll entries in the ERP system.
- Processes and audits travel reports submitted by sales and technical group employees. Reviews and edits the AMEX credit card reports monthly for recording in the ERP system.
- Responsible for timely set-ups of new vendor and customer accounts in the ERP system.
- Responsible for fixed asset tracking (Capital budget, acquisitions, disposals, and monthly depreciation schedules.
- Performs assigned inventory cycle count parts according to cycle count schedule to ensure accurate inventory balances. Investigates all variances to identify root causes. If physical inventory count being performed, leads one of the count teams.
- Assist in the annual auditing process by preparing and reviewing audit schedules and provide support for external auditors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: None.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or two year degree in accounting with 3-5 years general accounting experience.
- Proficient in Spanish
- Advanced experience with Excel and ERP software. Preferred ERP software experience is Epicor and Sage 100
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle for feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.