About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 180 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are looking for an experienced health sciences planner/architect in the Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC office. This team member will manage our firm’s health sciences and medical center planning projects including internal project teams and external consultant teams. In this role, the Planner/Architect will work collaboratively to provide quality planning and design solutions and excellent service to our clients. Projects typically include campus planning for academic medical centers and health sciences campuses, health sciences-focused research master plans, and planning for health sciences schools such as Medicine and Pharmacy. Staff work multiple projects at a time. We are seeking professionals with interest and experience in health sciences, medical centers, and higher education to support our national expertise in this area.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with a superb work ethic and strong organizational skills. This individual is a team player, self-starter, and results-oriented individual. They will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of project types including master planning, space programming, and feasibility studies at multiple scales (campus, precinct, building). Additionally, they should have an interest and experience in higher education, health sciences, and/or academic medical centers and the opportunities and challenges they face today.
Candidate will work on a variety of tasks including:
- Manage projects independently.
- Coordinate directly with clients, internal project teams, and external consultants.
- Collaborate with our firm’s Health Sciences Planning Principal on all health sciences and medical center-related planning projects.
- Develop design and planning concepts.
- Articulate space needs outcomes.
- Create presentations including graphics.
- Actively participate in marketing and business development activities.
- Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in combination of Architecture and/or Planning.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing project teams, including engagement and project finances.
- Software skills including Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and AutoCAD are required. Rhino, GIS, and Revit skills are desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional graphic communication abilities.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate on large teams as well as work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity for regular project-related and inter-office travel (when public health and safety conditions allow).
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio with your resume.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.