Employers Council is a preeminent Regional Employers Association with offices located in Arizona, Colorado, and Utah. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational management, and human resources expertise and services. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
We are currently seeking a Compensation Consultant to join our Outsourced Consulting Services team. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities, and the ability to maintain family and personal interests outside of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Design, oversee and implement compensation and benefits programs
· Monitor salary structures, balancing staffing needs with cost controls
· Ensure that pay structures and benefits plans are competitive, and that they are designed and managed to attract and retain a top-quality workforce
· Ensure that policies, procedures and programs are in alignment with overall strategic objectives
· Consult with members and staff to assess benefits, compensation and compliance needs
· Mentor and train HR staff on processes and best practices
· Research and make recommendations on retirement and insurance plans
· Accurate data collection and analysis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Knowledge and understanding of the entire HR body of knowledge
· Bachelor’s degree, or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong problem solver
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
· Certification as a PHR/SPHR preferred
· Certification as a CCP preferred
· Ability to balance and complete multiple priorities simultaneously
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status and Schedule: Non-Exempt. This position is project based and without a set schedule.
Hourly Pay Range: $25/hr. - $75/hr.
Benefits: This position receives all legally mandated benefits including the opportunity to accrue paid sick time and to become eligible for group healthcare insurance. Employers Council provides a laptop computer.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.