The Grants Specialist is responsible for providing grant administration and conducting compliance monitoring of grant requirements. This position processes reimbursement requests, prepares quarterly and annual reports, budgets and budget revisions. This position is expected to maintain a high level of professional standards and ethics while maintaining a positive approach to day to day work activities.
- Create and maintain an efficient and effective grant filing, tracking, and reporting system while ensuring grantee requirements are met.
- Coordinate grant related processes, including communications of information regarding submission deadlines, information requests and status updates with executive leadership and program staff.
- Monitor grants and ensure compliance with grant requirements and federal and state regulations while administering agreements, contracts, expenses and associated activities.
- Process reimbursement requests as well as budget amendments and ensure requests and/or amendments are accurate and valid, in compliance with contract requirements, and allowability of costs.
- Conduct in-depth trend analyses of budgets to identify potential budget variances and recommend a plan of action.
- Participate in the development and revision of department policies, procedures, guidelines and grant management tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- One year of grant administration experience, preferably working with government grants.
- Experience working with non-profit grant processes.
- Experience working with state and federal grants.
- Solid computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet design and financial accounting software, preferably working with Microsoft Word and Excel as well as MIP.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including experience reviewing and identifying budgetary trends and variances and providing recommendations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional bending, squatting and kneeling.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force is needed at times to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
**This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.