Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring, including happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees every day.
We are looking for an experienced Team Business Manager to join our company. This role would work closely with select Team Leaders to assist in managing the business affairs of their teams. This is a new role for Streetsense and will require you to assess and develop the most efficient plans and strategic goals for our business operations. The position reports to the Managing Director of Operations and will work closely with the COO and Team Leaders.
If you have a good understanding of different business matters, and you have a passion for improving business operations and achieving its mission and vision, we want you on our team!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Managing Director of Operations and COO to execute and improve company operational processes to enhance client delivery.
- Provide operational support to Streetsense teams/practice areas, including:
o Develop budgets with Team Leaders for client engagements and deliverables specific to that practice area.
o Set up contracted work and project records in Deltek Vision (ERP).
o Assist Team Leaders with work planning and optimal utilization of team staff.
o Track project performance monthly by team.
o Analyze monthly team KPIs and strategize with Team Leaders on improvements.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Team Leaders to determine capabilities, scope, and fit on potential client work.
o Monitor forecasts and future workloads to help determine staffing needs.
o Assist in identifying team efficiencies and resource allocation to maximize team financial performance.
o Assist in crafting proposal approaches and fees to ensure that fees are sufficient and align with general marketing pricing.
- Collaborate with Finance team and provide support as needed, including:
o Time and expense review on projects.
o Contractor management and coordination.
o Client billing.
o Accounts receivable outreach.
- Periodically act as “project manager” on assignments on behalf of the teams you serve
o Create project milestone schedule
o Coordinate client meetings, and act as the logistical coordinator for the client, team, and work
o Collaborate with team(s) on expectations for deliverables and work-products
o Be responsible for project gross profit for the project
- Adhere to all relevant laws and internal policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working directly in finance, operations, or related area in a professional services firm, ideally in the practice areas of real estate strategy, architecture, marketing, and/or research.
- In-depth knowledge of various business operations.
- In-depth knowledge of different research and data analysis procedures and methods.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience with Deltek Vision or similar enterprise application, particularly project and reporting modules.