The Manager of Referee Programs will be responsible for helping lead the day-to-day department operations of the Referee Department in support of its technical objectives. The position is operational in nature, but an understanding of the U.S. Soccer landscape and refereeing is a plus. While the position is specific to Referee matters, the role will work to support the overall development of the game to help propel soccer to become the preeminent sport in the United States. This position is also responsible for exhibiting a high-degree of professionalism, maintaining a customer service mentality and communicating consistently and transparently.
- Assist in implementing and guiding the department’s strategic vision
- Manage the planning and execution of everyday administrative and business operations in support of short-term and long-term objectives
- Oversee the registration of referees, assignors and referee coaches
- Support the creation and administration of the annual fiscal budget process
- Manage the hiring process for Associate and Coordinator positions, providing consistent feedback
- Manage the various department events, including logistics, operations and customer service.
- Support, manage and guide the professional development of Associates and Coordinators
- Build and maintain strong working relationships and collaborate closely with all Sport Development Departments in support of the mission of each individual department
- Manage platforms and platform providers; work to identify, troubleshoot and solve high level issues
- Manage new projects and pilot processes as directed
- Support and manage the communication strategy to be delivered via email, website, and social media platforms
- Assist in the course creation process, including revisions, implementation, and pedagogical discussions
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with all members, State Referee Committees, referees and other affiliated members
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support U.S. Soccer in its mission