The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for specification, product design, maintenance and support of components and subassemblies of Gits Mfg products within time, cost, and quality requirements. In addition, verifying the components and subassemblies comply with functional, cost and manufacturability requirements.
Product and process specifications
· Develops, creates and modifies specifications of components, subassemblies, and manufacturing processes.
· Assures engineering standards and guidelines are applied correctly.
· Capable of reviewing and translating requirements of customer specifications.
· Able to review and approve the work of others.
· Creates and modifies (conceptual) product designs and drawings using CAD tools, product data management systems and risk analysis tools.
· Supports design reviews internally and externally.
· Verifies designs through engineering calculations, modelling and/or simulations such as CFD and FEA.
· Proves the design meets specifications and customer expectations through creation and execution of test plans, and documents results in test reports.
· Prepares and supports prototype building activities.
· Provide technical leadership and support team through systematic problem solving.
· Troubleshooting of design issues during development or manufacturing using applicable methodologies
· Develops, tracks, and implements design changes in order to reduce cost and/or improve product quality.
Estimation and Reporting
· Provides estimates for engineering tasks, monitors and reports own progress.
Documentation and reports
· Completes documentation of design artifacts according to the Gits product development process standards.
· Utilizes technical writing skills to document development activities through engineering reports.
· Provides professional support and guidance to colleagues on a regular basis in order to contribute to the development of their knowledge, skills and quality of execution.
Subject Matter Expert
· Mastery level expertise in various specialty competencies, including state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and validation methods.
· Is recognized by Gits Mfg and customers/suppliers as a subject matter expert.
· Continuously develops own knowledge through technical journals, seminars, advanced degree programs.
· Monitors relevant internal/external developments, translates them into solution/methodologies for own expertise area.
· Is an ambassador for this expertise area in order to maintain and improve the knowledge base of Gits Mfg.
· Participates in design reviews throughout new product development cycle and provides feedback and direction within field of expertise.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering, or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in product validation
· Proficiency in solid modeling required, knowledge of Solidworks required
· Technical aptitude in the development of powertrain related testing and validation, preferably on engine air handling systems
· Experience in the automotive industry or similar field adhering to ISO/IATF requirements, using phased gate development procedures, and process in accordance with APQP/VDA standards
· Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
· Commercial mindset
· Strong leadership and people skills
· Demonstrated problem solving ability
· Data driven ability to make timely decisions
· Knowledge and understanding of 8D, A3, Fishbone Diagram and Why-Why problem-solving processes is required.