The CAD Designer II provides computer aided design (CAD) drafting, prepares drawings derived from a variety of specifications, layouts, and sketches. Transforms rough product designs into working documents using CAD software. Coordinates and consults with engineers or designers to complete projects. In addition, reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Collaborates with change request originators to resolve discrepancies between change request and final CAD designs.
- Use CAD software to create and/or revise customer & manufacturing drawings per request on Engineering Work Requests/Inquiries.
- Use MRP2 software to create and/or revise Bills of Material.
- Produce calculations to support dimensional changes.
- Populate and/or revise data in engineering classification system.
- Review all requests for and approve the release of engineering document changes.
- Review and release documents per the individual request.
- Review designers/drafters’ drawings for format, tolerance schema, drawing scale and other drawing requirements.
- Review designers/drafters MRP2 entries for accuracy.
- Review designers/drafters database entries for accuracy.
- Organize and initiate Engineering Work Requests for process improvement, cost saving, component standardization, etc.
- Train or Instruct Others.
- Train new and existing employees on new or revised documents and work instructions.