The Sales Representative contributes to company's overall sales by selling flooring materials to existing and new customers within the multi-family industry. This position will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities/duties include but not limited to:
- Builds long term relationships.
- Develops and maintains product and services knowledge to become an extremely competent expert advisor.
- Compiles and maintains list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from corporate office, co-workers, business directories, industry publications, trade shows, Internet sites, social media, from networking at apartment association events and functions and by asking for referrals.
- Travels throughout branch's service area to visit future clients establishing relationships.
- Qualifies the needs of future clients.
- Upon identifying future clients’ needs presents appropriate products and services.
- Performs field measurements of typical apartment floors plans, calculates square yard/square foot requirements for clients and prepares and provides per unit proposals as needed.
- Addresses concerns/overcomes objections of future clients in order to earn the opportunity to serve.
- Closes sale and then develops client loyalty.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Updates CRM daily logging their contact with both their regular and future clients.
- Works with customer services and operations departments to ensure efficient order fulfillment.
- Investigates and resolves challenges that arise and maintains client satisfaction
- Becomes involved in Apartment Associations.
- Studies the profession of sales.
- Introductory salary plan evolving to 100% commission with high and verifiable earning potential after 7 months