The VP of Strategic Communications and Marketing oversees the creation of and implementation of communications strategies that support UWSL’s organizational goals and priorities. This position oversees all creative projects, organizational branding, marketing, messaging, public relations strategies, and organizational events. The person in this role serves as a key member of the leadership team and takes responsibility for leading a high-performing strategic communications team which develops and executes a comprehensive communications strategy for achieving results.
- Strategic Leadership and Execution: Lead the development, implementation, and adaptation of a comprehensive and innovative communications plan with clearly defined goals, timeframes, and metrics. Use data to measure progress against key metrics, and to adapt and innovate in a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Organizational Leadership: Work closely with the CEO and the management team to integrate and align all functions of the organization, and to identify and execute on strategic opportunities to increase awareness of and engagement with UWSL’s core work through 211 and the Promise Partnership – leading to both greater financial resources and improved impact; provide staff support to board-level committees; represent UWSL in the community and nationally.
- Staff Leadership and Development: Supervise, coach, and mentor team members; set long- and short-term goals for internal teams.
- Budget Management: Oversee and manage department budget, analyze hiring needs and coverage gaps to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Branding: Continuously develop, evolve, and market our brands to differentiate and elevate UWSL, 211, and the Promise Partnership as systems-change leaders across community sectors including business, education, government, and the broader community. Develop brand communication and marketing strategies that reflect the vision of UWSL that result in integrated marketing executions and multi-channel communications.
- Communications. Provide vision and leadership to the strategic communications team, the organization, and its partners. Act as PR strategist to build relationships with media and community. Research and understand effective current and emerging marketing, communication, and branding strategies. Develop and supervise integration of key messages and visual identity across departments and strategies. Be an expert at writing compelling content and simplifying complex concepts and data into content for all communications channels – social, email, web, etc.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with full benefits. $90,000-115,000. Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Paints a compelling picture of our vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and organizational dynamics
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match shifting demands of different situations
- Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Builds strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Develops people to meet both career and organizational goals
- Understands all facets of strategic communication, branding, and marketing; is aware of duties and responsibilities, and keeps job knowledge current.
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications or business; or 10 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in content, digital, segmented marketing, and market research.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information and interact effectively with diverse audiences.
- Minimum 3 years of proven leadership abilities; delegation, time-management, problem-solving and accountability.
- 3 years nonprofit work experience.
The employee must regularly communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly use a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement on- and offsite to attend meetings and presentations.