We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!
Be a part of our team where commitment to members with exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals to you, this is the place for you!
At NIHFCU, one of our core values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks like these:
• Benefit Package for all Full time employees includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits
• 401(K) and profit sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Career Advancement and development
• Credit Union Membership with discounted services and products
General Summary - Please note: This position will have a flexible work schedule with remote work options but will need to be onsite at the Rockville HQ location at least two times a week.
The ATM Operations Manager is responsible for managing all operational components of the ATM/ITM fleet. Manages and maintains an efficient ATM operational process and is accountable for service quality, network marketing and ATM/ITM account reconciliation. Under the direction of the AVP, Payments Support, assist with ATM/ITM strategy and analytics, oversee the cash and deposit reconciliations, consistent monitoring of ATM/ITM health and performance to include maintenance oversite, currency usage, replenishments and reporting, collaborate on procurement and installation, ordering supplies, support branch and off-site locations, and oversite of ATM related vendors. Work with internal teams and vendors to ensure the highest service levels while managing the delivery and operational integrity of software deployments to the ATM/ITM fleet, ensuring reliability and minimum downtime. This position will require occasional travel, both local and out of town.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ATM Operations Manager will manage the ATM Operations staff and vendors and oversee all aspects of ATM/ITM fleet. Responsible for managing and maintaining efficient ATM operational processes and successful installations of new ATM/ITMs by collaborating with vendors and internal departments to ensure a rollout is successful and meets all compliance regulations. Responsibilities include the coordination of deploying and decommissioning equipment, and testing of software. Ensure that service levels be defined and met. Strategic planning for ATM/ITM fleet performance, expansion and management.
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects from inception through completion including installations, conversions, upgrades & repair/replacement of “problem” ATM/ITMs. Drives and manages special projects on conversions/acquisitions for ATM/ITMs as requested. Manages projects as assigned to ensure deadlines and objectives are met. Coordinates and provides leadership to the team on all implementations and equipment updates.
- Develop and oversee the maintenance, and upkeep of all ATM/ITMs. Maintains and analyzes reports, network documentation, policies and procedures to identify opportunities of improvement and make the appropriate recommendation. Audits and manages ATM/ITM fleet to replace depreciated/older hardware and monitors ATM/ITMs in storage/inventory. Plays a key role in supporting fixed asset management for ATM/ITMs.
- Ensures the ATM/ITM Fleet is compliant with all Federal/state/local/internal requirements (e.g. ADA mandates, MC/Visa requirements, signage disclosures for members & non-members).
- Supports credit union sponsored marketing programs by customizing the ATM/ITM screens to support campaigns, sales, personalization and implements cross-sell opportunities at the ATM/ITM level.
- Develop a cost model to review ATM/ITM installation requests and prepare a quarterly review on the performance of all ATM/ITM’s including recommendations on how to improve performance or reduce expenses. Implement corrective action plans when NCR fails to meet uptime standards.
- Manages ATM Vendor relationships to ensure performance service levels are met. This includes ATM/ITM hardware and software operating systems serviced by multiple vendors. Manages/Supports any ATM purchasing, bidding and negotiations.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities related to armored couriers, ATM/ITM processing and all ATM/ITM related expenses. Responsible for budget analyses for all ATM/ITM expenses. Conducts regular vendor analysis and equipment purchasing in line with approved budget.
- Manages the ATM/ITM lab with test ATM/ITMs and ensures it can utilized effectively for various ATM/ITM related projects. Performs disaster recovery planning and testing to verify system backup methods and procedures are in place and accurate.
- Work closely with Risk Management, Facilities and Loss Mitigation to prevent skimming and other monetary losses involving ATMs. Research and implement preventative ATM/ITM measures in hardware and software to support these efforts.
- Oversees ATM/ITM cash management including ATM balancing and reconcilement. Monitors cash availability for ATM/ITMs, forecasts ATM/ITM cash usage, manages cash replenishments as well as perform ATM/ITM settlement to ensure each unit is in balance, including reconciliation of data and reports from Brinks, PSCU/First Data, NCR and other related core reports to identify in and out of balance situations.
- Serves as backup to ATM/ITM System Analyst for monitoring First Data Tracker Online system to ensure that ATMs / ITMs are functioning properly including coordinating with vendors any repairs, supplies and software upgrades. Document ATM/ITM maintenance information as necessary. Work with NCR, the ATM/ITM Systems Analyst and IT Department staff to ensure ATM Operating systems & ATM/ITM software & patch levels are up to date.
- Oversee armored courier management including confirming cash loads and following up and escalating overdue service requests. Research notifications of ATM/ITM shortages, file claims with armored courier as required. Manage open claims and ensure service issues are resolved quickly, escalate issues as necessary and ensure all cash load and balancing discrepancies are properly documented and followed through to a final resolution.
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate processing and settlement of ATM deposits on a daily basis, applying the proper holds and/or memos and other deposit related functions.
- Research and resolve Non-Member and Member ATM/ITM disputes. Ensure claims and account adjustments, which includes providing provisional credit and communicating dispute status to members, are completed in a timely manner. Submit necessary claim documentation to the Accounting Department for general ledger reconciliation.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the ATM industry & the ATM domain environment, hardware, operating system and ATM software.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years banking or finance experience, or in lieu of a degree, 7-9 years relevant work experience of which three or more years operations management experience.
- Having an extensive ATM/ITM technical background and three to five years’ experience working with NCR ATMs. Understanding some or all ATM solution/products and operational areas including – ATM/ITM repair and equipment maintenance, hardware, software, network processing, operational device monitoring, incident management, ATM cash service, CIT/armored support and vendor management is strongly preferred.
- Be well organized, a team-player, motivated and flexible with working hours. Individual must be able to work independently, have strong leadership and project management skills, highly motivated, have the ability to prioritize work and perform well in a high volume environment.
- Excellent ability to lead and motivate a team to meet credit union’s objectives and the ability to provide feedback in a manner that supports employee development. Promotes and enhances a culture aligned with organizational vision and goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law