Sterile Room Material Transfer Technician
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a privately owned global leader in the manufacturing of generic drug products, over-the-counter (OTC) drug products and medical devices. Nephron’s products are sterile, preservative and additive free and proudly made in the USA! We are headquartered in West Columbia, South Carolina, with additional distribution centers in Kentucky and Arizona. Our location provides the ability to develop new devices and medications including respiratory therapies, ophthalmics, and injectables, for in-house or contract manufacturing opportunities. The facility utilizes completely automated manufacturing, packaging, and distribution systems, in addition to high volume and redundant utility systems, to ensure production system availability. Nephron specializes in Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS) manufacturing, a niche technology that allows a vial of medication to be formed, filled and sealed in a continuous process, in a sterile, enclosed environment and without human intervention.
As an industry leader in product safety and quality, Nephron produces a variety of inhalation solutions, and has distributed over 1 billion doses of respiratory medication per year since 2009. Nephron is currently working on research and development projects that include over 50 new products. The company’s longstanding relationships with major drug wholesalers allow us to distribute our products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, hospitals, home care companies, and long term care facilities. Nephron has a sales force that covers all fifty states and Puerto Rico, with additional sales channels throughout South America, the Middle East, and Europe. Nephron exists to provide top-quality, affordable medications to everyone.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
- Material transfer personnel moves materials from clean unclassified through ISO 8 environment into ISO 7 environment while maintaining aseptic techniques and good documentation practices.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills to document a proper material transfer using the Electronic Clean Room Logbook.
- Station Checks (Hairnets, Beard nets, Tacky Mats, and Shoe Covers)
- Re-stock clean room supplies daily
- Organizing ISO 8 Gown room, Wash room, Material Transfer and other Clean unclassified areas
- Cleaning of ISO 8 clean unclassified dedicated areas
- Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing / production work experience preferred
- Gowning Certification preferred.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently or as a team.
- Previous sanitizing experience of sterile environment preferred
- Incumbent must be able to work 12 hour days without fatigue.
- Position requires performing tasks that involve strenuous repetitive activities. Incumbents must have excellent stamina.
- Incumbents are required to perform full range of motion in fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- The ability and willingness to change direction and focus to meet shifting organizational and business demands.
- The ability to create and contribute to an environment that values people, encourages trust, teamwork, and open communication, and provides participation, learning, feedback and recognition.
- The ability to effectively manage one self, demonstrates integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve development goals.
- The ability to take strategic objectives and accept accountability, motivate and influence others.
- The ability to manage a multitude of resources and to be accurate, organized and current with data and information.
- Position requires, bending, lifting (10 lbs or more.), reaching overhead for extended periods of time, visual acuity, and standing, sitting and walking.
- Incumbents are required to wear safety glasses/face shields, hearing protection, bouffant, respirator, tyvek coveralls and other non-specified protective equipment as necessary for extended periods of time.
- Salary range: Based on experience
Nephron is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy and childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is a drug free workplace.