Rated as "Top Work Places of 2020" only skims the surface of what we're all about here at Devon Bank! We are advocates of strong community relations and this begins with how we treat one another. We have over 23 different languages spoken within our Devon family. We've been in business more than 75 years and are experiencing exponential growth even in challenging times like this. We are well known for our service and dedication to customers, the support of our communities, and the opportunities we provide to our employees.
We continually seek to exceed the expectations of our customers by:
- Offering innovative products that our communities need
- Sponsoring local community events
- Providing employees with the tools and guidance needed to service all of our customers
At Devon Bank our success has been built by our diverse workforce that values integrity, dependability, service, and mutual respect. We are looking for employees who share our values and have the desire and ability to service our diverse customers.
Summary of position:
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for appropriately identifying, assessing, and measuring the risk related to Devon Bank mortgage originations. The QC Specialist will act as an independent review and evaluation of the loan compliance and credit quality as well as the customer experience. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating the mortgage loan application and documents provided to the customer in a timely manner; ensure that sound underwriting and loan salability decisions are made by the team and, adherence to federal and state compliance requirements.
- Identify, log, track, analyze, develop action plans for, and remediate issues in an effective and timely manner, and perform root cause analyses to proactively identify and remediate issues
- Perform timely Pre and or Post-Funding Quality loan reviews for mortgage originations to assess the accuracy and integrity of the information used to support the lending decision and adherence to federal and state compliance requirements, policy and procedures, GSE requirements, all related contractual terms and agreements
- Participate in reviewing and maintaining all Pre/Post Fund Quality scripts, procedures, and methodologies
- Work with business to ensure proper identification of cures
- Ensure consistent feedback to production management as it relates to quality and escalation to when no corrective actions occur
- Communicate and facilitate procedure and regulatory changes within the quality review process, as necessary
- Provide sufficient and timely reporting to management as required
- Participate in the identification and monitoring of trends to provide consistent and actionable feedback on gaps in need of improvement
- Be able to collaborate with business units to ensure root cause analysis is incorporated into the correction action process
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy, departmental productivity and quality goals
- Provide measurable standards of achievement for proper management control and staff development
- Consistently contribute to the ongoing Mortgage Loan Operations efforts to deliver process efficiencies to reduce costs and improve quality and productivity
- Manage and/or participate in various operation projects
- Three (3) years of pre-fund/post-fund quality review and/or underwriting
- Self-starters with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
- Strong understanding of mortgage lending including operations and mortgage compliance (must understand TRID)
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage self and multiple priorities; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong lean towards technology and leveraging technology in creative ways
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with management to achieve business objectives
- Thorough understanding of Conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) and Government (FHA VA)
- Basic understanding of CRM, POS and LOS systems. Encompass experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work, and Excel (required)
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)- 465-2500.