The Director of Product Management is responsible for Alliance’s product planning and execution, including gathering and prioritizing requirements, defining the vision, and collaborating with leadership and other staff from across the organization to ensure that DSRIP goals are met and that partner and staff satisfaction is maintained to its highest possible level. In addition, the Director, Product Management ensures that the organization’s overall long-term strategy and goals are supported by the organization’s products (both internal and external) and that the products’ goals are perfectly aligned with those of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as cross-functional liaison with leadership, management and staff to translate the products’ needs into business and functional requirements and to drive consensus within departments, ultimately promoting the achievement of the organizational product goals.
- Developing, defining, and overseeing product roadmaps and managing them as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the organization, both short and long term
- Leading the organization to clear and efficient product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process.
- Incorporating the existing development backlog and prioritizing as determined by the organization, partners and community needs.
- Engaging extensively with partners and community members to gain first hand insight on their feedback on the organization’s products.
- Working with public relations and strategy team to assure that products being developed align with the organizational vision and mission.
- Representing the organization and promoting the products by advocating for their value and benefits at management and leadership meetings, conferences, partner events, etc.