The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum has an opening for a full-time exempt Senior Manager of Environmental Operations and Sustainability Services in the Operations Department.
Company Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum documents and interprets the history of country music—a musical genre and culture central to the identity of the city, the state, and the nation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, the museum proudly combines subject expertise, ambitious research, and preservation of an unparalleled collection with expressions of creativity in music, art, and history. The museum collects artifacts that illustrate the evolving history and traditions of country music while providing diverse learning opportunities. The core exhibit follows the story of country music from its folk beginnings through its emergence as a commercial art form. Rotating exhibits examine a broad range of topics, from country classics to ultra-contemporary and emerging artists in American Currents. The museum owns Hatch Show Print, a letterpress print shop opened in 1879, and it operates Historic RCA Studio B, where Elvis Presley and many others recorded.
Departmental Overview: Our department is responsible for security, housekeeping, courier services, loading dock and sustainability management. Our goal is to support and be efficient to our staff and others in a professional manner as well as being a brand ambassador to external clients. To provide excellent customer service with everyone we interact with on a daily basis so that we may exceed their expectations.
Job Overview: The Senior Manager of Environmental Operations and Sustainability is responsible for managing environmental services, as well as sustainability and food waste programs and our staff volunteering program.
Specific Job Duties:
• Ongoing development and management of our go green and sustainability program
• Oversee all aspects of sustainability program including reducing waste, relationship with food donation partner, rooftop and rooftop garden
• Ongoing development of our staff volunteering program
• Oversee 3rd party contract housekeeping vendor
• Manage weekly housekeeping meeting
• Assess current housekeeping vendor to determine contract extension
• Oversee housekeeping inventory
• Assist with event set up/break down and other operational duties
• Previous experience in the sustainability and hospitality fields
• College degree or college courses in a related field a plus
• Hydroponic garden experience preferred
Essential Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and abilities needed for success in the position):
• Strong managerial and organizational skills
• Motivated with a strong sense of responsibility
• Ability to multi task and problem solve and strong attention to detail
• Must work well with public, vendors and internal staff
• Upbeat and energetic
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and some holidays
• Must be able to lift 75lbs
• Must pass a background check and driving record check
Notes to Applicant:
• Due to the high volume of applications received for this positions hiring managers may only contact you if they are interested in scheduling an interview. Please refrain from calling to inquire about your status in the search.
• Please upload a resume, cover letter, when you applying for the position
• Applications are only accepted online on our career page https://countrymusichalloffame.org/index.php/contentpages/employment