The Human Resource Manager is responsible for delivering proactive HR solutions to meet organizational needs, while fostering a climate of trust and commitment among all employees. The Human Resource Manager also provides consultative support to management to ensure alignment with Alliance’s values and goals and HR policies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policy/Procedure and HR Administration:
- Develop and implement legally compliant HR policies, procedures and best practices to support organizational goals and ensure all staff are trained accordingly.
- Maintain and communicate updates and changes to employee policies, such as the Employee Handbook, in accordance with current state and federal labor laws and other regulations.
- Participate in strategic planning for the organization with senior leadership.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing Alliance’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- With the assistance of the HR Coordinator, manage the new hire and onboarding process, including new hire documentation, orientation and training.
- Analyze relevant data regarding sourcing, compensation, exit interview feedback and other information necessary to provide insight and make recommendations regarding talent decisions.
- With the assistance of the HR Coordinator and external legal counsel as needed, prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, conduct exit interviews and manage internal processes for both voluntary and involuntary separations.
- Mentor, train and manage direct reports in the performance of their duties by establishing priorities and expectations, setting goals, providing feedback and addressing performance issues in a timely and constructive manner.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Manage compensation administration to ensure consistency with internal policies, best practices and applicable labor laws; Monitor markets to ensure a proactive approach to compensation administration.
- Oversee employee benefit and retirement plan administration in coordination with the HR Coordinator.
- Provide consultation and guidance to employees and supervisors in response to employment issues, interpretation of policies and procedures and other related issues.
- Advise management on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues, conduct workplace investigations, review current workplace practices, recommend proactive solutions and/or strategies and provide appropriate training to minimize risk and ensure a safe working environment.
- Engage with appropriate internal or external consultants and advisors as needed to gain specific legal or best practice advice.
HRIS and Documentation Management
- Oversee and assist in biweekly payroll process.
- Manage HRIS and data management tools to support accurate, efficient and compliant data and reporting capabilities.
- Ensure compliant documentation and record management practices are followed for all HR files and documentation, such as employee files, performance appraisals, and job descriptions.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field required
- HRCI or SHRM Certification highly preferred.
Professional Work Experience:
- 5+ years Human Resources experience and at least 2 years managing a HR team; alternate professional experience of human resources management and/or equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information.
- Current knowledge and working application of HR regulations, industry trends, best practices, new developments, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Proven administrative, managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Intermediate/Expert proficiency using MS Office Suite (365), payroll/HRIS/time & attendance systems (Paylocity, Employee Navigator, etc.).
- Strong personal leadership skills and ability to support and champion Alliance’s mission, values and goals.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds within a climate of mutual respect, inclusion, enrichment, and growth.