Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics, and we are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT
- Implement and evaluate machine and system intelligence algorithms and modify them as needed for applications.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements, solving problems, and escalating risks.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Help build the smartest robots in the world.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong foundation in classical control theory and digital signal processing.
- Experience in implementing sensing and control algorithms on mechatronic systems.
- Some experience with real time software development.
- Some experience in programming in C++ and MATLAB.
- Experience using and programming in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of distributed software version control programs such as Git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to achieve despite ambiguity.
- Specific experience with the 2011 and/or 2014 standards of C++ (C++11/14)
- Experience with QNX or another Real Time Operating System (RTOS).
- Strong working experience with Atlassian products (BitBucket, Bamboo, JIRA).
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated.”
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team:The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth:We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.