Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Compiles, records, and prepares internal and external reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform cash management functions, including wire preparation, vendor payments, preparation of cash reports, deposits, posting receipts and monthly bank reconciliations
· Processes in-house checks, check issue and void requests
· Maintain affiliate aging schedules, monitor affiliate billing for timely settlement
· Monthly reconciliation of entity subledgers to the general ledger account
· Prepare month-end journal entries and accruals, both recurring and non-recurring
· Perform monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts (i.e. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Intercompany accounts)
· Assist with monthly close process and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information
· Record monthly depreciation and amortization journal entries using fixed assets system
· Maintain amortization schedules for prepaid expenses not recorded in fixed assets system
· Actively participate in Company's internal control compliance program
· Preparation of annual tax item requests
· Preparation of audit item requests
· Prepare annual investor financials
· Perform ad hoc projects as needed
Education - Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience – One-three years related work experience. Strong General Accounting skills and GAAP knowledge.
General understanding of Industry - Basic knowledge of the financial services and real estate industry is preferred.
Computer Skills - General knowledge of various accounting software and advanced knowledge of all MS Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and advanced knowledge of Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license is not required, but preferred.