JOB TITLE: Senior Program Manager, LGBTQ+ Programming
REPORTS TO: Director, Program Innovation
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
Our Mission: To build and support mentoring relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth.
Our Vision: All youth achieve their full potential
Our Values: Put Youth First; Engage with Empathy; Advance Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Operate with Integrity; Invest in Learning & Innovation
As the nation's first and NYC's largest youth mentoring organization, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City (BBBS of NYC) connects generations of New Yorkers by matching a caring adult mentor, a Big, with a New York City youth, a Little. Through evidence-based, goal-centered, professional supporting programming, BBBS of NYC provides consistent support and guidance to matches that result in longer, stronger match relationships that advance the social-emotional development and academic progress of young people across the five boroughs.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City seeks a Senior Program Manager, LGBTQ+ Programming. This individual will be responsible for ongoing support and supervision of mentoring relationships between adult volunteers and youth; developing resources for LGBTQ+ youth across the organization; acting as a resource to all Program Managers in support of LGBTQ youth, leading our Big Pride Affinity Group, and liaising with external partners to identify opportunities for growth and impact ensuring more LGBTQ youth have access to mentoring. Working collaboratively across all program delivery models, the Senior Program Manager, LGBTQ+ Programming will act as a subject matter expert driving innovation and offering support to Program Managers across the organization.
This individual will also provide ongoing support and supervision of mentoring relationships between Bigs and Littles, carrying a caseload of matches. The Senior Program Manager, LGBTQ+ Programming will play an integral role in delivering accessible, inclusive programming and supervision to our matches by leveraging their youth development experience, understanding of child safety protocols, and ability to deliver culturally competent, relevant support to Bigs and Littles. As a Program Manager, this person will be responsible for ensuring mentor matches develop high quality, high impact relationships that support youth development and foster volunteer engagement.
Program Compliance and Match support Functions
· Supervise and provide match support to a caseload of at least 55 matches for Community Based or 4-5 programs in Workplace Mentoring Group to achieve mutually successful mentoring experiences. The caseload will be built with an emphasis on working with LGBTQ+ Youth.
· Provide on-going phone, email, and in-person supervision and support to mentors, mentees, and parents/guardians
· Monitor closely for safety, program compliance, goal achievement, and program satisfaction; immediately address and resolve issues that may arise.
· Advocate for youth and families by providing referrals, crisis intervention, and other additional resources.
· Effectively collect all required evaluation tools and monitor all progress of match success.
· Conduct family/Littles/Bigs interviews (virtual or in-person) as required. This includes writing assessments and collecting supporting information from collaborating agencies, schools, etc. to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
· Conduct match meetings or facilitate Workplace Programs (virtual or in-person) as required to support program needs.
Program Development and Cross-Functional Functions
· Lead cross-functional LGBTQ committee of BBBS staff to expand programming for LGBTQ+ youth.
· Provide guidance and resources to all program staff working with LGBTQ+ youth, volunteers and families; Develop consistent, engaging, and developmentally appropriate programming in support of LGBTQ+ youth.
· Act as a thought leader in expanding programming for LGBTQ+ youth including increasing number of LGBTQ+ youth and volunteers served and the delivery of inclusive, affirming, impact-oriented programming
· Develop partnerships with LGBTQ+ focused community partners and act as liaison to Big Pride Affinity Group; Attend trainings and conferences to support the development of knowledge and identification of best practices in support of LGBTQ+ youth
· Establish and maintain ongoing partnerships and communication with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (BBBSA) and other BBBS Chapters with a focus on enhancing LGBTQ+ programming
· As applicable, assist and collaborate with VP, Chief Program & Innovation Officer, and Development team on funding proposals and ongoing grant tracking related to LGBTQ+ programming
· Perform other agency and program-related duties as needed.
· Demonstrated commitment to the LGBTQ community and experience in developing supportive programming for LGBTQ+ youth; Ability to develop inclusive, affirming environments for LGBTQ+ youth, volunteers and families; Knowledge of the unique experiences of New York City’s LGBTQ+ community
· Strong cross-functional collaborator; Experience managing through influence and implementing processes and policies
· Excellent stakeholder management: Experience with building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals and advance strategic initiatives
· Experience operating in an innovative environment; Effective change management skills and demonstrated experiencing building and cultivating support from cross-functional stakeholders
· Knowledge of child safety and mandatory reporter protocols, alignment with an asset-based approach to supporting young people and volunteers
· Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Adaptable and flexible; strong critical thinking and situational judgment; ability to build relationships; Strong administrative and organizational skills
· Experience developing and managing relationships with youth clients, guardians, and volunteer mentors
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience with intake processes, and case management skills; Experience with conducting psycho-social interviews, a plus
· Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook; Experience using Matchforce and/or Innovative Mentoring systems, a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Career Center web link:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at 212-686-2042 (phone, TTY, fax, email, etc.), or email@example.com
Applicants with disabilities may contact our team via telephone, fax, email, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Human Resources at 212-686-2042 (phone, TTY, fax, email, etc.), or firstname.lastname@example.org