JOB SUMMARY: The evening/weekend receptionist will provide clerical support and is responsible to answer telephones, greet guests, respond to residents' requests and assist in coordination of services to residents, assist in providing services to residents, families and guests. The receptionist also will assist the director of housing with billing, payroll and other clerical duties.
SALARY GRADE: $10.90-$16.40 ****DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Answer and direct all incoming calls in a professional manner.
• Receive and direct visitors.
• Refer all inquiries to the appropriate parties.
• Maintain an orderly lobby area.
• Conduct tours with potential customers as necessary.
• Assist in problem solving with residents as appropriate.
• Act as liaison between residents and support services.
• Monitor residents on a daily basis; confer with director for needed referrals.
• Monitor security cameras throughout facility and on the grounds.
• Respond to fire and other emergencies.
• Follow all policies/procedures related to emergency systems.
• Perform inside/outside rounds during later hours of shift.
• Secure perimeter doors.
• Fill out incident/accident reports as needed.
• Write comprehensive daily log notes to assist director and other daytime staff.
• Assist residents to dining room, beauty shop and activities as necessary.
• Be supportive to residents by offering direction and conversation as needed and assistance as appropriate.
• Assist with delivery of meal trays.
• Make deliveries as needed (flowers, newspapers, medicines, etc.)
• Maintain coin and stamp supplies for resident use.
• Assist with transportation signup sheets.
• Assist in making meal reservations for residents and guests.
• Assist with daily meal as needed.
• Assist with recreation activities as necessary.
• Respond to residents’ call-lights as appropriate or inform resident care aides of residents’ needs.
• Vacuum lobby, front office and living room areas as needed.
• Monitor cleanliness of first and ground floor restrooms.
• Give direction to staff and help them problem-solve as needed.
• Notify administrative team and other appropriate parties of changes in resident status via report sheets, change of status forms and phone calls.
• Provide input to administrative team regarding staff performance.
• Contact administrative team members as needed regarding emergency situations.
• Assist with special projects.
• Work with director to do planning and evaluation projects.
• Attend department meetings, staff and facility required meetings.
• Comply with facility in-service requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be familiar with clerical practices, office procedures and automated equipment. Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills are required. Must be customer service oriented and driven. Ability to work with a computer using keyboarding, data entry and reporting skills is required.
EDUCATION: A minimum completion of a high school diploma is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 1 year related experience as a receptionist or in a customer service role is preferred.