This position is located in Evanston, Illinois
Swim Coach I contributes to the creation of a warm, welcoming, safe, and respectful environment for a diverse community of swimmers and assists in the development of the swim team of the YWCA Flying Fish Aquatics Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On-deck Coaching (80%)
- Helps to direct daily practices for various groups swim team groups
- Attends swim meets regularly
- Communicates with staff and swimmers at daily practices
- Assists with monitoring and evaluating swimmers throughout each season
- Assists Head Coaches as needed
Program Support Duties (15%)
- Reviews meet entries and results
- Tracks swimmer’s attendance and development
- May be required to communicate with and respond to swimmer inquiries via email, answering voicemail and walk-ins
- Helps with fundraising efforts and other related duties as assigned
- Back-up coaching, instructor, or lifeguard staff when necessary
- Understands and follows all appropriate Illinois and National safety procedures and policies
ADDITIONAL DUTIES (10%)
- Provides and attends staff trainings and participates in agency committees.
- Pursues professional development
- Understands and adheres to all of YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience and/or Training: At least two years as an aquatic’s instructor or coach
Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license, auto insurance
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable access to a personal automobile to attend local and regional swim meets
Experience and/or Training
- American Red Cross Coaches Safety
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding
- American Red Cross First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR
- All Requirements for USA Swimming Membership and Certification